— This workshop is now booked out —
A three-day online filmmaking workshop hosted via Zoom.
Wednesday 31st March, 10.30am – 1.30pm | Friday 2nd April, 10.30am – 1.30pm | Tuesday 6th April, 10.30am – 1.00pm
Age Group: 14 – 18yrs
First Cut! Youth Film Festival presents an online, hands-on workshop in the basics of filmmaking facilitated by Cork Film Centre’s professional and experienced filmmakers. Each student will write, shoot, direct and edit their own film using their own equipment and have their film screened online as part of the First Cut! 2021 virtual festival. The 3 day workshop will help 12 young people aged 14-18yrs to gain the skills and expertise required to start making films, no previous experience necessary. For budding filmmakers, it can lead to opportunities for the creation of short films and meeting and collaborating with other young people who are passionate about filmmaking.
The First Cut! Youth Film Festival Workshop encourages creativity and skills training in a fun and supportive environment. This course is for anyone interested in filmmaking. Whether you’re a first time filmmaker or you want to understand more about what happens behind-the-scenes, this will have something for you.
The First Cut Youth Film Festival sets out to offer accessible opportunities and there is no charge for participants. This workshop is funded by The Arts Council and Cork County Council.
Places are limited and you will need to book in advance.
You Will Need:
- Zoom video conferencing software (free)
- A camera, tablet, or smartphone with video & sound recording capability
- Edit software on computer, tablet, or smartphone (we can suggest free versions)
- Most importantly, an idea for a film subject
How to Apply:
This is a free workshop, Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info to apply. Please note numbers are limited, closing date to apply is Friday 12th March.
- Age/Date of Birth
- Contact Number
- Name, Contact Number & Email Address of a Parent or Legal Guardian, permission is required for under 18 years.
- A brief outline of experience, if any, that you have, any other courses you have participated in & why you feel this course is for you! A short paragraph will be enough. This will help in ensuring that the course content is perfectly pitched
Day 1 (10.30am – 1.30pm Wednesday 31st March): Story, script development, shots, shot selection, sound recording, pre-production / prepare to shoot. ASSIGNMENT: Participants shoot films
Day 2 (10.30am – 1.30pm Friday 2nd April): Editing tutorial, the importance of sound, discuss footage shot. ASSIGNMENT: Participants edit films, and upload to CYF via WeTransfer (for Day 3)
Day 3 (10.30am – 1.00pm Tuesday 6th April): Review edits, and discuss outcomes.