The 11th annual edition of First Cut! Youth Film Festival is open to short films with a running time of under 15 minutes made by filmmakers between the ages of 12 and 24.
These films can be made by individual filmmakers, schools, colleges or youth groups. Every type of film is welcome, including fiction, documentary, animation and music video. Prizes are awarded to open call films in several categories.
The closing date is Tuesday, January 21st 2020. There is no entry fee.
How to Submit
There are two steps in the submission process:
1) Send your film online using the We Transfer file sharing service. To use this simple, free-of-charge file sharing method, go to wetransfer.com and follow their upload instructions.
Films must be sent to: email@example.com
2) Complete an entry form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
To download an entry form, follow this link.
When we receive your entry, you will be sent a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, it means we did not receive your submission.
Entrants will be notified of the success or otherwise of their submission by the end of February.
- Films entered must be no longer than 15 minutes.
- To be eligible for entry, filmmakers must be between the ages of 12 and 24.
- Films received after the closing date (5pm on Tuesday, January 21st 2020) will not be eligible for selection.
- There is no limit to the numbers of films you can submit but each entry must have its own entry form and still.
- Although adults can assist in making the films, 12-24 year olds must have had significant creative input.
- If a filmmaker submitting a film is under 18, an adult must sign the entry form.
- The selection panels’ decisions are final.
- International entries are welcome but all non-English language films must have English subtitles.
- First Cut! reserves the right to use stills or clips of up to 30 seconds from submitted films for publicity purposes.
- Ownership and copyright: By submitting the film, you acknowledge that you are sole author and owner of the film, or if you are not the sole author, you have secured all necessary and appropriate rights, written permissions and releases in connection with submitting the film. In particular, all music and other rights must be cleared for nonexclusive educational, online, broadcast and theatrical distribution.
All enquiries should be emailed to email@example.com
Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for updates about workshops, talks and other events taking place during the festival.